Bloglovin' Facebook Pinterest E-Mail Instagram Shop Home About Us Freebies Shop Image Map

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Meet Shana from Hello, Teacher Lady

Hi all! My name is Shana (pronounced SHAY-nuh) from Hello, Teacher Lady, and I’m thrilled to be blogging for the Middle School Mob today. I teach 7th and 8th grade language arts in Michigan. I'm married with two furry children (Jazzy and Wicket, pictured below) and I'm a big fan of posting teacher & style related things on my Instagram @helloteacherlady. Stop over and say hello! :)



As a newer teacher with my own classroom for the very first time (we have many teachers who share or are on carts), I’ve been relying pretty heavily on free/DIY resources to save money. Instead of jumping at all those gorgeous inspirational posters at the Teacher Store, I decided to create my own mini posters using PowerPoint and photos from the Internet. All it took was a little bit of time playing around with the layout, then I simply printed each piece onto an 8x10 sheet of computer paper, pasted onto construction paper and laminated.

Since I already had the construction paper and I used the school’s laminator, my total cost for this project was $0. I love the way they turned out, but I haven’t decided where I want to hang them yet. Here's a quick photo I snapped of some the posters pre-lamination, but feel free to download all 10 of them for free at my TpT Store.


Another project for my classroom that I’m really excited about is my Boggle Board. I may add some tweaks here and there, but here is the board so far.




The main idea behind the Boggle board is to have something that students can work on individually when they are finished with other classwork/homework. I usually tell students to read their AR novels or free write in their journals, but I've been in search of some other options as well. 

The borders were leftover from two of my other bulletin boards and the striped washi tape was given to me by a coworker. (I'm now obsessed with wash tape, by the way!) The Boggle letters were a TpT freebie from Mrs. Salvador. I bought the twine and clothespins from Amazon (a total of $8) but I have a ton leftover to use on other projects. Oh, the possibilities! 

Thanks for stopping by the blog today! Three more weeks until school starts over here --- when do you go back?




No comments:

Post a Comment