Bloglovin' Facebook Pinterest E-Mail Instagram Shop Home About Us Freebies Shop Image Map

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Meet Anchored in Reading


   Hello! Welcome to Middle School Mob! I am Susie from Anchored in Reading and I am very passionate about reading. As an avid reader myself, I find it difficult to accept that some students ‘just aren’t readers.’ Every year I strive to create life-long readers. I am met with resistance occasionally (ok, maybe more than occasionally!) but make it my goal to show my students that reading can be absolutely enjoyable. Like any skill, I feel that it is my duty to show students how to become readers. In addition to modeling, I set very specific times during class for independent reading and conference with every student each week. During this conference we discuss their progress from the previous week and set a new reading goal for the upcoming week. This goal might be to reach a certain page or chapter.
   At the beginning of the school year, students may find it difficult to reach their goals or they might feel it is a ‘job’ and become frustrated. To combat that, I offer some sort of incentive every other week in order to keep the momentum up. By mid-year, my students are flying past their goals and often ask to increase the expectation. I see wonderful growth and I see kiddos excited about reading. Reading becomes more than a set goal for my students. I know it’s difficult to find time for individual conferences, but the results you will see are worth it!
  To help me stay organized during our conferences, I created a chart to track progress. You can find this freebie here at my TPT store. Follow my store for more helpful tools!




5 comments:

  1. People who are connected to reading books in daily basis they had some different types of habit except the book reading. go to page that is the best one place to know about the quality writing rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the tough thing to write is writing about the argumentative write. It is tough as because you have to collect a lot of information first before write. http://www.writemywaiver.com/our-waiver-request-letter-writing-services/gmat-waiver-letter-writing-service/ to check the recent guide and tips about the academic writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this kind of analysis as there has every sort of important things in here which you can easily use for comparison. look here to know about the quality of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful blog post, The issue of the day is people set their own specific standards about particular things of their life so that due to their, that direct they ought to go http://www.lit-review.net/literature-review-help/ in their life which frequently cause them to wind up confounded from their life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful blog post, It is an immediate consequence of preparing that organization was set up to grapple the benefits of the national and simply the national and this click here also to stay the national furthest reaches of a country.

    ReplyDelete