Bloglovin' Facebook Pinterest E-Mail Instagram Shop Home About Us Freebies Shop Image Map

Monday, August 17, 2015

Introducing...Just Add Students



Hello all!

I'm Marypat from Just Add Students.  I'm excited to be part of this energetic middle school mob!

I have been a teacher for over 15 years -- grades 4 - college.  But my heart has always been in middle school teaching ELAR.  The ups and downs.  The rewards and rigor.  The laughter and tears.  The drama...and that's just in the faculty room!!

As middle school teachers, we know that this age group of people is so interesting!  Struggling between childhood and adulthood.  Figuring out who they are and who they want to be.  It's tough, important stuff.  Add to the mix the subject material they must master, and you have the makings for an exciting, challenging job that is different every day.

My goal -- as a blogger, writer, TpT seller -- is to help pave the way a tiny bit for another teacher.  My heart breaks when I hear about new teachers who leave the classroom after only a few years.  So I have those new teachers in mind when I create my TpT products (with the knowledge that they'd help veteran teachers as well).

I want to share the newest freebie in my TpT store with you:  Homework scorecards.  I use these for "practice" homework:  vocabulary, spelling, grammar, sentence construction.  They can be used for math and at-home reading practice as well.

This resource takes pressure off students since they can choose the homework grade they like the best at the end of the week.  I also like it because I'm not a fan of completion grades, so students are still accountable for doing their best on homework.  This is also a great formative assessment -- and it saves time.  I hope you'll check it out.  Don't forget to leave feedback!  Love that!

I'm looking forward to new ideas we'll share in the mob!  I hope you'll look me up on Teachers Pay Teachers or my blog Just Add Students  or Pinterest at Just Add Students  or on Facebook at Just Add Students!

Take care!

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes in the course there are some student who had to join but somehow they miss the overall facts and then they have to be within it. learn more to see more about the writing tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While you give some students to have a way out so that they can do more study in here by adding them into this institutions. look here to get more tips and helpful guide on research papers writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post you have shared with theirs. A candidate must think about the inventive work branch of the association. So, on this page reliably scan for his master getting ready in light of the fact that it is critical to give the positive outcome to the business.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, A champion among the most fundamental reason behind the pulverization of people is only that today people essentially just check this http://www.podiatryschoolapplication.com/personal-statement-for-podiatry-school/ site their life on the level of their selective gauges towards their life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the middle school it is really a tough time for the student as they are in to an imature age and they need to select their career. https://www.futuremdresidents.com/ that is very helpful for the academic papers writing.

    ReplyDelete