Bloglovin' Facebook Pinterest E-Mail Instagram Shop Home About Us Freebies Shop Image Map

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

About Shyra from Junior High Core Values



Have you ever felt like a juggler, in a circus tent, that was on fire, in an earthquake? But you loved it because it was the best earthquake fire circus juggling act ever?

That's one of many reasons why I love teaching junior high! Greetings! I'm Shyra and I blog at Junior High Core Values  I've been a teacher for 13 years and I've had the honor of working with every grade level. Junior high, however is my favorite.

I teach at a private school in California and we have "core values" that define our school. I teach sixth grade. This involves teaching religion, language arts, and social studies to 6th-8th grade.  I love staying busy, so I am also yearbook moderator, student council moderator, on the administrative team, the Learning Support Coordinator, and on the Diocesan Special Needs Board.  Who needs sleep right? I just wish I had the salary to support all the hats that I wear!

My blog name is important to me because in teaching our school's core values, I also believe that junior high students, particularly as they enter 6th grade, need to find out the characteristics that make them unique and who they are as a person.

A lot of my time is spent with school related things ( as you can see) but I also love reading, beading and making jewelry, scrapbooking/card making, painting and drawing and I'm a bit of a geek. Too many hobbies, but I love them all!

I'm excited to work and connect with other teachers from all over the country and globe because that's what makes society grow and improve!

Come take a look as the kiddos and I begin their junior high journey and discover where their core values are!




No comments:

Post a Comment