Bloglovin' Facebook Pinterest E-Mail Instagram Shop Home About Us Freebies Shop Image Map

Friday, September 25, 2015

Organization in a Middle School Classroom!

Hello everyone!  Julia from History from the Middle here with some tips and tricks on staying organized in a middle school classroom!

Here are some easy to do tips and tricks I use in my history class.  I teach 6 different sections of history, 3 7th grade and 3 8th grade.  The first thing I do, is organize all of my classes into "colors".  I then have colored containers that go with each period.  So, they know when they turn something in, to turn it into their period and their colored container.  I have these containers labeled on bookshelves in my classroom, so students can easily see them, and can turn in things at any time!





I also have easy to grab caddies for needed supplies.  Each caddie has glue sticks, markers, crayons and a stapler for students to use.  I also have containers with highlighters and dry erase markers when we need them in class!








I also organize each of my desks by numbering them.  Each seat number also has a specific job.  Set #1 is my Materials Manager.  They are in charge of getting supplies for their table mates.  Seat #2 get to choose a job.  I have several different class jobs that they can choose from such as class leader, secretary, tech helper, first aid, teacher/sub help.  Finally, seat #3 is my table leader.  This student will be the reporter for their table for various class discussions, or just the student to help organize their table as we work in collaborative groups.  Also, each table is a specific color that matches the color of their supplies caddy!






I also use my color coded organization on my student work display wall.  Each period is represented by the color-backing, and then I choose 15 from that class to display on the wall!  This has made a GREAT and EASY way for me to represent all 6 of my classes!



I'd love to hear what types of organization YOU use in your classroom!  Please share below!



5 comments:

  1. Some middle school classroom are so beautifully decorated that it will let you have the best experience to enjoy the environment in there. ideas here that will give you a clear idea about the writing services.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I got the information through the blog. Your charitable status is really good. Nursing is a field that has always interested me. I am more motivated than ever after reading this. Glad to know this information. check it here that helps me a lot on my academic papers writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Elcetro cardiography is really a tough thing to understand and now it is your chance to know it in the practical way which would be best. site to check the recent guide and tips about the academic writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the middle school you need to know how to organise you classroom as it is really an important things in that time. https://www.comprehensiveexam.org/how-hard-is-phd-qualifying-exam/ here about the writing tips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the middle school it is really important to know about our life things and what we have to do in the future life. check more info there you'll be get an better idea about academic papers writing.

    ReplyDelete