Bloglovin' Facebook Pinterest E-Mail Instagram Shop Home About Us Freebies Shop Image Map

Friday, September 18, 2015

Back to School Tidbits

Hey everyone!! I hope that the beginning of your school year has been very productive. I, personally, feel like I am finally getting into a rhythm. It's amazing how much less stressed you are when things begin to settle down! Today, I wanted to share a few tips that work for me in my classroom that you can use to survive the rest of your school year.


1) Create a to-do list. I accomplish more when I write it down immediately and cross it off when completed. And you don't even necessarily need a planner for this! Sticky notes on your desk do the job as well. There is something thoroughly satisfying about marking through the to-do list. Without this, I truly believe I would feel constantly behind. The completed to-do list allows me to have some closure to enjoy my time off.

2) Use your conference period to your advantage. Too many teachers chat during their conference period instead of getting work done. I challenge you to spend at least 2 conference periods a week shut away in your room the entire 45 minutes and no chatting with peers. You will be amazed by how much you can get done. By making this guarantee to myself has increased my productivity tremendously. I do not take as much home as I used to.


3) Be sure to always plan ahead for what you will need next school year. In the spring, I created these supplemental aids rings for my special ed students. They were constantly losing the ones I gave them at the beginning of the year, and I spent the majority of my time before the state standardized test redoing them. I realized I needed a way to make sure they are always with my students when they need them. What better way to do that than by attaching them to their notebooks?! As you can see, the notebooks have already become well-used and not a single child has lost their supplemental aids. Given the fact that we are already 4 weeks into the school year, I will take this as a major win!!


I hope that I was able to give you some ideas for making your school year great. I am sure that these are things you are already aware of, but sometimes we teachers need reminders to save our sanity. I hope that you have a fantastic rest of your school year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment