Bloglovin' Facebook Pinterest E-Mail Instagram Shop Home About Us Freebies Shop Image Map

Friday, April 15, 2016

Why You Should Use Kahoot! for Review

I LOOOOVE KAHOOT! No, really. It has completely changed the way that I review for the standardized state assessments. Here are the reasons that I love to use Kahoot!


#1-It saves all of my information for me. See that (24)? That means it has saved 24 Kahoot games that I have made. This makes it easier for me in the long run.


#2-Not only does it save my Kahoot games, but it also keeps them for a very long time. I made this Kahoot for the state assessment review last year. It was a pain to input and create, but it is right there for me to use again this year. No more redoing work! #winning



#3-Each Kahoot gives you the option to edit or duplicate a game. This allows me to tweak a current game to meet changing needs to that I can easily match what my students need to review. Duplicating it lets me reuse my answer choices and not have to start completely fresh each time.


#4-Kahoot lets you type in any answer choice that you want. I like to use this duel choice option for my students because they I can just copy each question instead of redoing every game's answer choices.  Duplicating the answers just makes my job a little bit easier. You can also add in numbers for answer choices for my math peeps.


#5-Kahoot saves all of your games so that you can review them later. You can download the game results to Excel or your Google Drive.


#6-Once the results are downloaded, you can see what each student scored on that particular game. This allows me to see immediately which students I need to pull for interventions.


#7-The results also let you look at each question individually. It breaks down the answers, scores, and speed that each student took to answer that particular question. This information would be useful to see which students may have just guessed right at the end of the time limit yet still got an answer correctly. I need to make sure my students truly know what to do and are not just guessing correctly.

#8- The students LOVE playing the games! They get excited about getting to review a bunch of math word problems this way. When the students are actually excited about reviewing, you know you have hit the jackpot.

Have any of you used Kahoot! in you classrooms before? What is your favorite feature?



2 comments:

  1. I love Kahoot! What an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used Kahoot and really liked it! I've since starting using Quizziz. It is quite similar and I found it a bit easier for me to use. Plus I was able to assign material as homework. I'll have to return to Kahoot and try it again. Thanks for reminding me about it.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete