Bloglovin' Facebook Pinterest E-Mail Instagram Shop Home About Us Freebies Shop Image Map

Friday, September 30, 2016

Keeping Up with Multiple Preps

The dreaded multiple prep. If you are lucky in the secondary world, you will only have 1 subject area to have to prepare for every day. However, there seems to be a whole lot of us that have 2+ preps that we teach. Having multiple preps can make it very difficult to get everything accomplished in a timely manner. A big part of this is just being ORGANIZED. If you are not organized, then something will inevitably slip though the cracks. Below are a few ways that I keep organized myself when having multiple preps.

One of the biggest for me is having everything typed up in a spreadsheet. It is not the full lesson plan, but a general overview so that I can thought process and remember what I need to do at a quick glance for each class. This helps me stay focused on where I am going as the day progresses. It also make changes a breeze. And, as cute as all of the lesson planners are out there, most do not give me enough space to thought process as fully as I could like. By having it digitally saved, then I can use as much room as I need. An example of what a day might look like with multiple preps is found below.


Another great way to stay organized is to keep a daily list of schedule changes or to-do's. This planner is from Blue Sky and it is hands-down my favorite. I can plan out what I need to accomplish for classes for each day as well as any schedule changes I need to be made aware of. This lets me focus a day at a time and not get completely overwhelmed with everything that needs to be accomplished before I leave on Friday.



Lastly, I keep a binder with my full lesson plans in it. As much as I love online lesson planning websites, there are times when I do not have the ability to look up each class to remember the small details within the 5 minute passing period. By printing each lesson plan out and having a copy at my fingertips by keeping them in a binder on my desk, I can be better prepared for each class in case an emergency arises. It also lets any administrator that walks in to quickly see what this class is doing today.


Do you have any strategies that help you stay organized with multiple preps? If so, please share them below so that others can find new ways to help out their own classroom.



7 comments:

  1. I always liked to post what I was going to do the following day on the whiteboard before I left each day. And have all of the materials out and ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea! I should start writing it on my whiteboard the night before, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sounds is great, would love to read it. There has so many ways to do your writings for the educational propose. go this site & Some MBA course will give you good service in your business side while some of them really take you back which is good service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like another great writing to read! My husband and I would be very interested in reading it. good page and If you are looking for quality writing services then we are here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice resource you have pointed out here. I am one of your regular follower of this site, and it seems its authority has increased a lot in last few months. click to explore and it will be there for you for any kind of statement of purpose writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice site, When you relate your PC to the web may hazard that someone takes your data by using the web. The need is that try this what to do when you relate your contraption to the web? You should grapple every day and present some item which is advantageous for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful site, Instructors must be set up to give quality preparing. Government is to a great degree sharp towards the headway of guidance zone this is the reason they personalstatementwritingservices.net/uc-personal-statement-writing-service/ site have introduced the planning structure for the educators in which they give them the information of different teaching ways.

    ReplyDelete