Bloglovin' Facebook Pinterest E-Mail Instagram Shop Home About Us Freebies Shop Image Map

Monday, May 9, 2016

GO Paperless Test Review

Hey all!  This is Lyndsey from Lit with Lyns, and I'm going to share how I prepare for state testing without making the dreadful copies.  Our district is currently out on spring break (yay!).  Once we go back to school, we only have a week before testing begins.  Before the break started, I was trying to plan for how my students would review and decided that this year, we were going to do it online.  At my school, we use Google Classroom, but there are many programs that can be used if you don't have this (Edmodo, Canvas, Schoology, etc.).

There were several areas I want to review with my ELA students, so I decided I would use task cards that cover the following:  main idea, story elements, figurative language, point of view, and certain areas of grammar.  In order to ensure that each student gets an adequate opportunity to cover each of these areas, I'm going to put the kids in groups.  Within their groups, they will "virtually rotate" through stations (they won't physically rotate, but once their group completes the activity/station, then they will move on to the next activity/station).  I uploaded each activity to Google Slides (which you can do too, if you create a Google account).  Once I have created each group activity, I will "share" it with the students by clicking on the blue "share" button at the top, right side of the screen.  Again, if you use other programs, such as Edmodo, you can do the same sort of practice.

I have also created a similar activity for the Google Drive that I recently posted on Teachers Pay Teachers.  My ELA Test Prep Task Cards for Google Drive can be found here.  See a preview of this below:



I would love to hear what you're doing to get your students ready for the end of year testing!  Please share in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. This is really good thought to select the editor with based on some extra qualities as he is the final one to edit the whole. click to explore you'll be get more ideas about the writing help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not an easy thing to go paperless. We have to follow the process of test where writing will be matter. We should always prefer for such writing helps that is available online like http://www.graduateschoolpersonalstatement.net/create-a-perfect-nursing-goal-statement-for-your-application/ so always go confidently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting article for teachers. Through this site, teachers will learn new techniques and method of teaching. I saw interesting charts that patched in the walls of classroom. Teachers should patched up famous quotes and text structures on wall. We have http://www.sopwriter.com/our-sop-writing-service/sop-for-economics-writing-service/ for everyone

    ReplyDelete
  4. The task card ideas are perfect for the students and also we can engage them in best activities. We must visit website so that new ideas can be avail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Google classroom are just a dream like and by this way you can go paperless. Now students can also plan online studies through google so click here for info about such writing patterns.

    ReplyDelete